Soul Surgery offers psychoeducation groups for the benefit of all clients. Patients are required to attend a minimum of 3 psychoeducation groups per week, though a total of at least seven will be offered by Soul Surgery. Many of these workshops are conducted in a similar manner to group therapy sessions, and require participation from the patients.
The workshops will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Origins of addiction
- How Addiction affects the brain and other organs.
- The family cycle
- Spirituality in recovery
- History of AA/12 Step workshops
- How to have fun in recovery
- Anger Management skills
- Dealing with feelings
- Relapse Prevention
- Life Skills
- Goal Setting and Implementation
- Exit Planning
Soul Surgery may, from time to time, invite a recovering addict or alcoholic to share their story with the patients. No 12-Step meetings are offered on site.
In addition to counseling sessions, Massage Therapy is available to patients, and will be provided once weekly by request.
Soul Surgerycase management includes the following services:
- Maintaining, monitoring and modifying covered services
- Finding necessary resources and services to meet basic patient needs
- Communicating and coordinating patient care with medical providers, community resources, state agencies, and care requiring multi-agency interaction.
- Following up with family members, parents or guardians, caretakers and any other persons directly involved in a patient’s care.
- Proving referrals to and assistance in utilizing community resources.
- Medications management
- Medical care and supervision by licensed physicians and 24 hour on site nursing staff.